Sunday, June 1, 2008

Mix #17 - Palette Knife

Creator: Karissa Dingus
Occupation: Graphic Designer
Theme: Color
Title: Palette Knife

I give extra points for a mix tape theme connected to your profession. I also give extra points because Karissa emailed me a jpeg for an album cover she created. And of course anytime you can double dip on your theme you should be commended - 'Color' songs by bands with colors in their names (Pink Floyd and the White Stripes. . . Clever!)

I have talked with people who say at least half of making a mix tape is in the presentation.

How is it delivered? What kind of art did you add? Tape vs. CD vs. sending files?
I always seem to focus more on the songs - order, variety, making sure they are on the theme or saying what I want, than on the art, case, delivery. I fret over the type of songs on the mix. I want to make sure that there is enough "classics" on the tape so I don't lose the audience, but also add enough new stuff on there to make it interesting. On every mix tape there is usually a song I don't like, but it fits the theme too well. So it goes.

NOTE: This is the first time that R.E.M, Pink Floyd, and Jimi Hendrix have been included on a mix tape on this site.




















Song - Artist
1) Any Color You Like - Pink Floyd
2) Paint The Silence - South
3) Scarlet Begonias - Sublime
4) Brick is Red - Pixies
5) Orange Crush - REM
6) Amber - 311
7) Yellow - Coldplay
8) Green - Love Spit Love
9) Greenish Blue - The Jon Bailey Band
10) Tangled Up in Blue - Bob Dylan
11) Blue Orchid - The White Stripes
12) Violet - Hole
13) Purple Haze - Jimi Hendrix
14) Touch of Grey - The Grateful Dead
15) White Light - The Gorillaz
16) Black Wave - The Shins
17)Paint the Town - The Push Stars
18) Colours - Hot Chip



1 comment:

berly said...

did you notice she arranged the song tracks according to the order in which the colors appear in the visible light spectrum (with grey/white/black on the ultraviolet end)?

nice work.