Sunday, January 18, 2009

Mix #28 - The President's Mix

Hello Mix Tapers!

I have been trying to think about what the first blog would be like after the hiatus. It feels like it should be bigger/better than usual (which put the pressure on me) because I haven't been writing, but then I realized that it is not that I haven't been writing, it has been that I haven't been sharing. Which means that I really have nothing to prove. Well at least not sharing with more than a couple of people at a time - generally after a lot of drink.
The end of the year almost always begs for mix tapes as you try to decide what you have found throughout the year and more importantly what has stuck as some outstanding new music. I don't have a year end review today... as more pressing issues are at play. Namely - the swearing in of a new President.

The first playlist consists of songs about presidents or tied/inspired by presidents. The second is a mix of songs by artists Obama as said are on his iPod.

Please listen, enjoy, and watch the president get sworn in!

Raise your glasses high.

Songs about/for/inspired by Presidents
Song - Artist
NOTE: I know the Wycelf Song is kind of bullshit... but sometimes things fit too well to be rejected for your personal taste. Also, I could have just played everything by the George Bush Singers. That shit cracked me up!

1) In Tennessee - The George Bush Singers
2) Campaigner - Neil Young
3) James K. Polk - They Might Be Giants
4) Christ For President - Billy Bragg and Wilco
5) Deep Thoughts (II) - The George Bush Singers
6) The Times They Are A-Changing - Bob Dylan
7) Day John Kennedy Died - Lou Reed
8) Eisenhower Blues - J. B. Lenoir
9) President - Wyclef Jean
10) Black President - NaS
11) Paint the White House Black - George Clinton


Obama's Ipod
Song - Artist
NOTE: Sheryl Crow... really?

1) Superstition - Stevie Wonder
2) Big Pimpin - Jay - Z
3) Kuai Lu - Yo Yo Ma
4) Steve McQueen - Sheryl Crow
5) Summertime - Miles Davis
6) Bruce Springsteen - Atlantic City
7) Beyonce - Single Ladies
8) Wheelin' - John Coltrane
9) Desolation Row - Bob Dylan
10) Honky Tonk Woman - Rolling Stones


obamas Ipod

No comments: